Thursday, October 14, 2010

Swimming bag

My son had his first swimming lesson yesterday (very proud mummy!), and even though he quietly whimpered through the whole 40 minutes, he actually did really well.
On the sidelines I was cheering when he timidly took one clenched hand off the instructor to hold the kick board, my heart leaped from my chest when he actually went close to water's surface to blow a bubble! So, as you can tell, my enthusiasm is huge for our new swimming adventure - I have decided to make a special swimming bag - hopefully for next Thursday's lesson...
I found this gorgeous material - it will be perfect!

The design is part of the walking fish collection by vickijenkinsart

Now to find a suitable pattern... In my searches, I have really only come up with tote bags so I might look at creating my own pattern.

I will save this project for tomorrow when Will is asleep - hope it's a long sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment